DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATION FORMS
- OAS Scholarship Application Form:
Graduate Studies: https://www.oas.org/fms/Announcement.aspx?id=294&Type=1&Lang=eng
Undergraduate Studies: https://www.oas.org/fms/Announcement.aspx?id=295&Type=1&Lang=Eng
- Copy of the diploma for the highest degree obtained.
- Copies of transcripts of grades for all degrees obtained completed. If the applicant is currently enrolled in a program of study, he/she will need to submit the current transcript.
For undergraduate studies applicants only: copy of transcript of grades for the Bachelor’s degree program in which currently enrolled. Applicants that intend to transfer credits from previous studies to undertake only the last two years of a Bachelor’s degree program must submit copies of the diploma and transcripts for the Associate’s degree previously obtained.
- Two recommendations from 2 different current or former professors using only the Recommendation Statement Form (099/01/07)properly signed.
- One recommendation from a current or previous employer using only the Recommendation Form for Employer/Institution (100/01/07)properly signed and sealed. If unemployed or never employed, obtain a third recommendation using the Recommendation Statement Form above.
Note: Recommendation letters from relatives of the applicant may not be submitted. Relatives are defined as: spouse, son or daughter, stepson or stepdaughter, father or mother, stepfather or stepmother, brother or sister, half-brother or half-sister, stepbrother or stepsister, father- or mother-in-law, son- or daughter-in-law, and brother- or sister-in-law.
- Resume (must not exceed 2 pages; please do not attach pictures, publications, other diplomas or certificates)
- Medical History Form: Only for OAS Scholarship awardees (those selected to receive an OAS scholarship) will be required to submit a Medical History Form that attests to the sound mental and physical health of the candidate to undertake and complete the program of studies. All costs associated with complying with the medical examination requirement are the responsibility of the awardees.
The following documents are only required from applicants to OAS-placed scholarships:
- Certificate of Language Proficiency Form: This form must be completed by applicants who intend to pursue studies in Spanish, Portuguese or French. This form must be filled out and signed by a language instruction institution or competent authority for applicants who intend to study in a language other than their native language.
- Applicants that wish to study in the United States, or Canada: the minimum required score is 600/677 for the paper based exam, 250/300 for the computer exam, and 100/120 for the Internet exam.
- Applicants that wish to study in the English-speaking Caribbean: the minimum required score is 550/677 for the paper based exam, 213/300 for the computer exam, and 90/120 for the Internet exam.
The OAS institutional code for the TOEFL is 9358.
- GRE or GMAT: only for applicants that wish to study in the United States or Canada.
The OAS institutional code for the GRE is 2354.
It is the sole responsibility of applicants to OAS placed scholarships to establish if the proposed program of study, within the OAS Consortium of Universities, requires either one of these certificates.
Awardees granted with an OAS-placed scholarship, will be required to submit original documents and notarized/stamped copies of the diploma for placement purposes.
Awardees granted with an OAS-placed scholarship to study in a country where the curriculum is taught in a language other than the one in which he or she completed previous studies will be required to submit official translations of the diploma and transcripts of highest degree obtained at the time of the announcement of selected candidates.